John Joe DnD
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A PbP forum for John and Joe's DnD Games.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
John K
Admin

The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath Empty
PostSubject: The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath   The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 09, 2011 12:05 am

The battle is over, it seems, for now.

One Eye's force of hobgoblin raiders has been defeated, and the bodies of the raiders, villagers and town guards fill the square. What once was a place of trade and fellowship is now a place of suffering, death and sorrow. Young children orphaned by the assault wail and weep at the death of their parents. A few wounded guards and villagers cry out in agony as the town's clerics try to tend to the wounds.

The enemy, a small horde of hobgoblins, ogres and giants, lays dead in crumpled heaps on the cobblestones. Those who survived have fled, and they are likely to only bring more of One Eye's raiders with them.

You, Decius, Sev, Zedath and Ebron are among the few people left standing in the square. You have survived, and the town of Borderwatch has survived with you. But with One Eye's fanatical desire to seize the Seed, you do not know how many more villages will suffer his wrath as he searches for that priceless object.

As you recover, Ebron turns to you and the rest of the party.

"One Eye won't stop looking for this seed until the whole of the Badlands is burnt to the ground. We have to get it out of here. We should withdraw with the Seed and take it to Fort Kazeroth and put it some use."

"Bull shit," Decius spits. "You think One Eye will stop just because we slink away? No...he'll torch the Badlands, then he'll march his shiny metal armies all the way up to Ashaad. Ebron, Sev and Zedath will take the Seed back to Kazeroth. Korlash and I will stick around."

The others nod in agreement, then Decius turns to you.

"What do you say, Korlash? Want to have a friendly reunion with our old warforged friend?"

What do you do?

For your reference, here is a pic of Borderwatch (before the battle obviously).

[img][/img][img]The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath Generi10[/img]
Back to top Go down
https://johnjoednd.board-directory.net
Joe

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath   The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Korlash turns to Decius and laughs, "I won't turn down the honor of a good fight." "One Eye has some important questions to answer." I agree with you my sorceress friend, One Eye won't run and neither will we.

Zedath grunts in response and hefts his wicked looking craghammer, one side hammer the other side a crude spike.

Where do we start looking for this metal nuisance anyways though? asks Korlash. "Any ideas Decius?"
Back to top Go down
John K
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath   The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:19 pm

"My guess would be Soroth. The bastard probably has that forge up and running again...maybe we will have to blow the place up one more time."

As Zedath, Ebron and Sev make plans to leave, you hear shouting from beyond the town's wrecked walls. Soon after your hear hoofbeats, and within seconds a bloodied and wounded horse comes riding through the breach in the town wall, bearing an even more badly wounded rider.

"The road! Refugees on the road, One Eye's men have set wargs on them! Someone help, please."

"You three get going with the seed. Ride to Fort Kazeroth as fast as you can and don't you dare stop.," Decius snaps to Ebron, Sev and Zedath.

He then turns back to the dragonborn with a wicked smile. "Korlash, we have some rabid dogs to put down."
Back to top Go down
https://johnjoednd.board-directory.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath   The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Battle for Borderwatch-Aftermath
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
John Joe DnD :: John Joe DnD :: Games-PbP-
Jump to: